Sunday 1 March 2009

A pinch and a punch























The first day of March and officially the first day of Autumn, therefore in my book it's ...

SOUP WEATHER!

(the crowd goes wild with excitement)

Hand me my stock pot man!


Note:
The seasons first foray (above) was vaguely edible, but definitely NOT worthy of promotion. Celebrity chef (and your talentless ghost writer) - I cast a pox on your gourmet salt flakes and I hope your copper pots never polish clean.

I should have twigged at the inclusion of 1 and a 1/2 teaspoons of turmeric in PUMPKIN soup - the redecoration of one's small intestine to a bright yellow hue being the hallmark of good cooking. If it were Martha Stewart ... maybe.

I remain undeterred and hereby launch what I will refer to herein as Souper Sunday. My favourite soup recipes for your own enjoyment and test kitchen expertise.

Hopefully curse free.

No comments: