Tuesday 10 June 2008

Warm Fuzzy

A little project that I've had on the back burner for a while (no pun intended). Finished and appreciated...

















I'm not sure why I've decided to make the ugliest part of our lounge room a feature - but perhaps it's a vain attempt at deflection?

I made my own corded binding (properly this time). I now understand why there are special sewing machine feet to do this. Trying to hide the stitch line on the bind is really tricky. I even used a single sided zipper foot to get as close as possible but the seam is still not close enough when turned right side out.

Oh well, it is going to get covered in cat hair and pup-crust soon enough so I should just bite my tongue (but before I do, if the dog does destroy it, I think the gingham would look better cut on the bias)

















Though I hardly expect you to form an opinion as to the cushion's aesthetic value - as these are quite possibly the worst photos I've ever taken. That's the catch with seeking constant improvement - it demands constant diligence. I hereby hang up my perfectionist mantle and give you "barely adequate". I can live without the ulcers for now.


Inspired by this wee guy. Apologies but I have no idea where this photo is from. I assume by the kawaii perfection of the shot it's from a Japanese craft tome.

1 comment:

Drewzel said...

Looks like you've got a nice 40's fireplace between that very functional heater. And I love the bone-y cushion. I'd make something like that for my dawgs, except Lola would pull all the stuffing out and that would just make me cross.